Narrativ is a NYC-based, NEA-backed tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We do this with machine learning technology that rewires links at massive scale so that:
- Advertisers unlock a $25B monopoly by converting Amazon’s static link empire into a competitive CPC marketplace
- Publishers get paid like Google rather than like a coupon site. Narrativ boosts yield 4X on link inventory with competitive bidding in content.
- Consumers find what they want at the best prices online and will never land on an out of stock or 404 page.
- With more than one billion links rewired, Narrativ partners include Conde Nast, New York Magazine, Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom. We launched out of stealth in August 2017 and are on pace to deliver $600M in advertiser revenue in 2018. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for our commitment to digital sustainability.
We’re looking for a Product Leader to join our New York City office. The ideal candidate brings together creativity, an analytical mindset, and an execution focus to drive the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team. Above all, we’re looking for someone with a fast-paced and agile approach, who quickly develops MVPs and rapidly iterates on them to refine the product within a creative and rapidly-changing environment. Our team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to quality. We believe that we can build a better platform together. We’re Smart. Ambitious. Nice. We don’t see any of those as contradictions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to build out our product portfolio and team. The role involves managing across the full spectrum of product development from translating the company vision into an actionable product strategy to relentlessly prioritizing initiatives on the roadmap and developing product briefs with the engineering team to deliver them.
Specifically, we are looking for someone to build out our team and product function with a fast-paced and agile approach. You will need to lead the team with a lean MVP approach and be comfortable collaborating with engineering and business to rapidly test, learn and iterate on new product concepts. You will report directly to our VP of Product and work closely with our CEO.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing Narrativ’s product strategy and roadmap
- Building out Narrativ’s product management team
- Collaborating with the business and engineering teams to create product briefs and user stories
- Leading sprint planning with engineers to prioritize, plan, and deliver features and enhancements
- Managing designers to create thoughtful user experiences
- Creating a strong lean product management discipline and to ensure the team’s success: product brief, value proposition, KPIs, assumptions, milestones, dependencies, etc.
- Creating product marketing collateral to educate internal and external users on the value of the products we are building and how they fit into our long-term vision
- Degree in a scientific or technical field e.g., computer science, engineering
- 5+ years experience managing and building digital products from inception through launch
- Experience growing product teams and building infrastructure for managing those teams effectively
- Knowledgeable about lean product development methodologies and business intelligence concepts
- Expertise with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Keen.io, Mixpanel, etc.
- Experience working closely and collaboratively across multiple functions (engineering, design, operations etc.) to develop and execute products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to shape our product trajectory and grow our product team
Bonus Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as financial services (e.g., Paypal, Wealthfront, Addepar), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms (Amazon)
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media - the work you do here will have meaning
- We are growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.
To apply, submit the following:
- Three reasons why you fit this role