Full Stack Engineer
Narrativ is building monetization technology for the next generation of digital content producers. Our product portfolio includes visual storytelling tools as well as a real-time-bidding platform that powers millions of auctions every day. We’re assembling a talented team of engineers dedicated to building solutions that empower publishers to build smarter digital content.
Are you excited by solving problems posed by multi-variable algorithmic optimization, programmatic targeting, infrastructure scalability, and the occasional Mario Kart tournament? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an amazing full stack engineer to join our New York City office. Our engineering team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to code quality. We believe that engineers are important thought partners and responsible for shaping, and not just executing, product priorities. We believe that we can build a better platform together.
- Back-End: RESTful API in Python with Flask
- Databases: MySQL, Redshift, Redis
- Infrastructure and Devops: AWS, NewRelic
- Testing: Unittest (backend), Karma, Jasmine, Protractor (frontend)
- Tools: Git/Github, Jenkins, Docker
- Own and develop features across Narrativ’s stack
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product management teams
- Discuss and decide on approaches to solve technical challenges
- Estimate the complexity and timeline of upcoming work
- Use a branch-based, pull request process to submit code to the git repository
- Consider potential impacts of features on production infrastructure
- Respond to alerts and use monitoring to diagnose potential issues
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field and/or another degree + coding bootcamp
- 2+ years of experience in engineering role
- Experience working with a large service-oriented system and an understanding of how to scale a platform (e.g. past thousands of requests per minute
- Ability to dig deep into source code and solve unfamiliar challenges, as well as appreciate agility and a pragmatic approach to software development
- Rest API
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
To apply, submit the following:
- Three reasons why you fit this role